It’s NOT OBAMAcare, nor is it AFFORDABLE, or PROTECTIVE
March 29, 2014
FIND OUT HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE in the course of FINDING OUT HOW TO GET MEDICAL COVERAGE: How did we get so far off track in CALIFORNIA that people who have entered the country without documentation are directed to a website on VOTING!
Congress (aka Brad Sherman et al) very wisely have kept you and I off their back. They have shirked responsibility of the Affordable Care Act by enlisting the media to market the blame and re-label AC/PPA as “ObamaCare” or back in 1993 “HillaryCare”.
Congressman Sherman voted for the AC/PPA “Healthcare Act” in a rushed vote Christmas Eve of 2009. Sorry Congressman B.S. it’s not Obama’s fault it’s yours. You cannot get off the hook by offering excuses for not reading text or hoping it will work.
Whether we throw in catch words alluding security affordable protection, the bottom line is this, in 1993 “Health Security Act” or 2009 “Affordable Care -Patient Protection Act” should have been thrown out of EVERY state by the Insurance Commissioners office for misleading the public.
The National Federation of Independent Businesses has a very succinct summary of PP/ACA
The individual mandate tax is unprecedented. As written, PPACA established an individual mandate to buy health insurance and a penalty for not doing so. This was the first time in American history that the federal government ordered the general population to purchase a commercial product. Responding to the lawsuit by NFIB and 26 states, the Supreme Court refashioned the mandate and penalty into a choice between two options: buy insurance or pay a tax for failing to do so.
So the Judicial Branch sealed the deal, what the Legislators did not dare write into their convoluted text, the Courts decided to “clarify”…add to it. They gave the IRS full enforcement and authority over the HEALTH CARE aka LIFE STATUS of taxpayers. Think about it: the IRS can make or break your living quarters, your pursuit of happiness, mode of transportation, your ability to earn a living, and now your ability to live out your life. The IRS has become the FOURTH BRANCH of government AND they hold the “pen and phone”.
Here is the problem. Legislators are writing text (or somebody is) over periods of time, as much as 20 years for a single bill such as AC-PPA. AC-PPA was written over such a lengthy period and most likely by too many authors it had no continuity. It became complex and because it affected so many layers and layers of other rules and agencies, it actually repeatedly contradicted itself or was inconclusive. Most grievous it INVADES the free movement and choice of citizens. This idea legislators do not read a piece of voluminous legislation because they are rubber stamping someone else’s work is not HEALTHY for us back home in the district.
There is a strange bit of information on the California Medi-Cal Eligibilty and Covered California FAQ’s 2014 website.
Question FIVE is the most curious:
Where can I get information about becoming registered to vote? If you are not registered to vote where you live now and would like to apply to register to vote today please visit www.registertovote.ca.gov. Or, call 1-800-345-VOTE (8683).
One would think the answer should be: Only citizens can register to vote. And everyone knows the moment you become a citizen your packet includes a form to register to vote.
How much power is Congress affording the Federal Government? The over regulation is bankrupting the State and Local government and small businesses and individuals as they try to comply or sort out the requirements. Congressmen who rubber-stamp their vote, term after term, should be held accountable at their townhalls and the ballot.
And how much are we negating the Constitution…the choice of who we send to represent us….the legislation being enacted, if voting is intertwined with the generosity of healthcare for non-citizens?
1. What eligibility requirements will an undocumented person have to meet come 2014?An undocumented person must meet the same eligibility requirements as any other beneficiary such as income limits and California residency in 2014.
2. Does everyone on the application have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national?No. You may qualify for health insurance through Medi-Cal even if you are not a U.S. citizen or a U.S. national.
3. Will I qualify for health insurance if I am not a citizen or do not have satisfactory immigration status?Anyone who lives in California can apply for health insurance using this application. Only people who are applying must provide Social Security numbers or information about immigration status.
But you may qualify for certain health insurance programs regardless of your immigration status and even if you do not have a Social Security number.
We keep your information private and only share information with other government agencies to see which programs you qualify for.
4. Will undocumented immigrants be eligible for full-scope Medi-Cal?An immigrant who meets all eligibility requirements, but is not in a satisfactory immigration status for full scope Medi-Cal is entitled to emergency and pregnancy-related services and, when needed, state-funded long-term care.
5. Where can I get information about becoming registered to vote? If you are not registered to vote where you live now and would like to apply to register to vote today please visit www.registertovote.ca.gov. Or, call 1-800-345-VOTE (8683).
6. Will the information I provide for health coverage be used to verify my immigration status? Federal policy states that Information obtained for the determination of eligibility for health coverage, for individuals or their family members, will not be used to verify immigration status